TOWN OF WALPOLE
DEPARTMENT: Walpole Town Library
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, 7.5 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Wednesday 5-8pm and Saturday 8:30am-1pm, other hours may be available as a substitute
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs work relating to the processing and circulating of library materials, creating marketing materials for the library and assisting patrons with their questions and needs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Library Technician receives general supervision and policy direction from the Library Director.
May receive direction from others for specific tasks or projects.
- 2 years of library experience or customer service experience
- Cataloging experience or knowledge preferred
- College degree
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with staff and the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Creates brochures, flyers and other marketing materials for library services and programs
- Assists with cataloging and prepping new materials
- Works with the Library Director to update and maintain the catalog
- Assists patrons with questions, public computers and copiers
- Assists at circulation desk as needed
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Library Director
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Position requires frequent office movement in order to support customer service. Some lifting is required on occasion.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Justine Fafara, Library Director at email@example.com.