Collection Development & Weeding Policy
- $0.05/day for books, magazines & audio books
- $0.10/day for new books, ILL Materials & reserve items
- $0.50/day for DVD’s & Launchpads
- Fines must remain under $5 for the patron to be considered in good standing and therefore be able to borrow materials from the library
- No one with a lost book on their card may use their card until the book is paid for in full or replaced.
- As long as a card is marked Shut In, no fines will be charged.
- Any patron who wishes to dispute a fine must submit something in writing to the director.
- Children under the age of 18 may volunteer their time rather than pay money to reduce fines on their cards. Each half hour of time worked will wave $4. Children can work no less than 15 minutes and no more than 1 hour at any given time.
- Volunteers, staff and trustees are not required to pay for overdue fines. They must pay or replace any lost items.
- Overdue fines for items that were marked lost but have been returned will not exceed $5.
- Any fines for damaged items will be based on extremity of damages and determined by the director.
- Only Walpole Town Library cardholders ages 12 and older may borrow a Chromebook (this includes both Bridge Memorial Library cardholders and North Walpole Branch Library cardholders).
- No filtering is used on these computers. Parents must sign a permission form in the library before a child under the age of 18 can use a Chromebook. Any child who has a current permission form to use the desktop computers will be allowed to use the Chromebooks.
- The Library’s Chromebooks may only be used in the library. Removal of a Chromebook from the library will be considered theft. All applicable laws will apply.
- Chromebooks can be borrowed for 1 hour at a time. As long as no one else is waiting, a patron can renew their time at 1 hour intervals for up to 3 hours.
- Chromebook lending will end half an hour before the library closes and all Chromebooks must be returned to the front desk 15 minutes prior to closing.
- The patron borrowing the Chromebook is responsible for any damaged caused while being used in the library. Patrons are asked to immediately report any hardware or software problems to library staff. Fines will be charged for lost or damaged charging cords, Chromebooks, mice, and any other accessories lent out as the director sees fit. The replacement cost for a Chromebook is $250.
- Chromebooks are not set up to print at this time.
- Library staff may not be available to provide technical support.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for any damage to patrons’ personal devices, software, files and/or equipment.
- Headphone or ear buds must be used when accessing sites or using applications which emit sound.