History of the Walpole Library
The Walpole Town Library refers to two libraries, the Bridge Memorial Library in Walpole and the North Walpole Branch Library in North Walpole.
The Bridge Memorial Library has been in the same beautiful building on Main Street since 1891. The Bridge Family donated the funds for the building’s construction. The building has always been a library!
Two additions have been made to the original building, one in the 1960’s and one in the 1980’s.